Sure in the south some say this shift in seasons includes the resurgence of extreme heat and oppressive humidity, but lest we forget what it also prompts….accomplishments and celebrations! In this moment of graduation parties and wedding season, we know first hand that choosing a thoughtful gift that the recent grad or newlywed will love and cherish is stressful. So, if you are shopping for a present that’s slightly more personal, and memorable, than a toaster, steak knife, or monogrammed towel we hope you enjoy some of these thoughtful “off-the-registry” gift ideas.
1. Summer is a time to be outdoors! With these portable waterproof speakers, you can carry all of your favorite tunes from the pool to the beach, to the shower all summer long!
2. We said before that a painted bouquet lasts far longer than fresh blooms. For all of those ladies in your life, Kate Waddell’s “Tea with Allison” is the perfect gift to give to show her proud you are. We guarantee she will cherish it forever.
3. While I myself do not think I am cool enough to own a record player (especially when “Top 40” is my favorite Spotify station) a Crosley Record Player is something I’ve been contemplating purchasing for a while now. Get back to basics – vinyl is back baby!
4. Gameday for college students in the south means showing school spirit in the cutest most fashionable way possible. Hearne Dry Goods makes tassel ear bobs in a variety of colors (you are likely to find the hue for your school) that complete any outfits during football season.
5. What better way to show your support and love for that perfect couple or graduate than by getting them this pretty little painting by Jenn Thatcher? Jenn’s small abstracts in gold frames are perfect for propping on a shelf, counter, or desk. This sweet something might just be the most cherished gift that they receive.
6. We feel that the Aerin Collection at Williams Sonoma is NAILING it. It is classic blue and white with a bit of spunk and feels like the perfect (on the registry or off the registry) gift for the couple to be and it’s a champagne bucket…what says celebration better than champagne?!
7. Born and bred in Louisville it is no surprise that I think an engraved julep cup is an appropriate gift for any accomplishment or celebration, I’ve been collecting them for years. Help start the collection for your recent grad or the happy couple.
share this post