The transition from spring to summer seems to creep up on us every year. In the blink of an eye the school year comes to a close, and summer activities (which are my favorite activities of all), ranging from late nights at the pool to backyard barbecues, are in full swing! Sure in the south some say this shift in seasons includes the resurgence of extreme heat and oppressive humidity, but lest we forget what it also prompts….
accomplishments and celebrations!
In this moment of graduation parties and wedding season we know first hand that choosing a thoughtful gift that the recent grad or newlywed will love and cherish is stressful. Here are a few ideas for everyone from the high school boy that is heading to college to the young lady you used to babysit for and is now getting married (this does not make you feel old, at all!).
1. We feel that the Aerin Collection at Williams Sonoma is NAILING it. It is classic blue and and white with a bit of spunk and feels like the perfect (on the registry or off the registry) gift for the couple to be.
2. Do you remember the time in college when you walked into your guy friends dorm and realized that their idea of interior design was a poster of a band you have never heard of and an empty pizza box on the floor? Help a newly high school graduate out by getting him (or her) a state flag where they will be attending school. Later you can introduce them to the amazing artists at well +wonder!
3. She did it! Your bestie graduated from business school and is officially adulting. Show her how proud you are by giving her Hannah Betzel’s Petit Four I and we guarantee she will cherish it forever.
4. What time is it? Your new graduate will never have to ask when you get them this super cool, super artsy swatch watch. Go ahead give them the excuse to stop using their phone as a time telling device.
5. College is coming to a close and it is time to start looking like a professional. Give her the gift that will allow professional and fun to fit in the same category. We LOVE Smith & Cult nail polish and it is sure to be a hit with the young college professionals out there.
6. They are the kind of couple that define “happy”. What better way to show your support and love than by getting them this pretty little piece called Hey Lady by Lindsey Meyer? It might just be the most cherished gift that they receive.
So, if you are shopping for a present that’s slightly more personal, and memorable, than a toaster, steak knife, or monogramed towel we hope you enjoy some of these thoughtful “off-the-registry” gift ideas. We would love to see some of your ideas, how do you shower the couple or recent graduate with a gift they will appreciate?
share this post